What is eye-tracking?
Eye tracking is a research method using special software and hardware for eyeball movements while looking at certain marketing (and other) stimuli, showing the way the content is perceived.
What do we measure?
By tracking the movements of the eyeballs we measure several things at once. As a result of the measurement, the software displays the following:
- Heat maps displaying distribution of attention with a colour coded map
- The order of interest areas – gaze path and fixations for the entire duration of the exposure time
- Static and dynamic areas of interest – where the look was kept longer (fixations) and where it went through
If a reaction to a given product is measured in a given context, the following is monitored:
- Time needed for a customer to look at the product
- How long a customer looking at the product
- How many respondents viewed the a certain product
- How many respondents reviewed the product again
- How many times did the respondents look was fixed at the product
These measurements can measure a separate product or brand (or more) in a given context:
– In the actual space (on the shelf)
– On visualizations (ads, photos and videos)
The results obtained are used to assess the visibility of the product / interior within the given context and how good its position is in relation to the design of the surrounding space and the competition.
Apart from the products themselves and the intetior, it is possible to investigate reactions to visuals such as:
– Web design
– Print materials
– Content displayed on mobile devices
– Design and organization of space
– Shelf arrangement
It is important to point out that the design of the product itself is largely dependent on the context in which it is set – the context can be highlighted in the best way or it can reduce his visibility and value. These measurements are used to optimize the design of the product itself as well as the design of the context in which it is placed.
A combination of neuromarketing tools
Combining different neuromarketing tools
Data obtained by Eye tracking measurements are never the only ones we use to make conclusions about specific content – data is always combined with measurements by different neuromarketing sensors.
Obtained results show:
- How users respond subconsciously to individual parts of a specific marketing content
- How they experience a certain marketing content as a whole
- How is the above content compared to the competition
- How much content is objectively good or bad according to subconscious human reactions
- What could be specifically changed to make the content more successful
Eye tracking method is combined with the following neuromarketing tools:
Have any questions?
or CALL +385 91 293 55 55